The BSC in Networking and Cyber Security is a three (years) programme which has been developed to provide students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable them to effectively participate in solving the complex problem of the IT industry. With the changing scenario of the business scape of Uganda there is a huge requirement of Skilled Professionals who are required in the field of cyber security.
The Core objectives of the programme are to:
- Impart knowledge of networking
- Enhance knowledge of advanced networking
- Equip students with the technical knowledge in cyber forensics and networking
The minimum entry requirements for admission to a bachelor//'s degree program are :
(a)For direct entry -
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with 5 credits; and
- At least 2 principal passes at Uganda Advances Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
(b) For mature age entry -
- 22 years of age and above; and
- Must have passed mature age entry examinations with 50% mark and above.
- Lead software security engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Security Architect
- Penetration Tester
- Information Security Crime Investigator/Forensics Expert